Board Approved Summer Reading
- Students in Reading 7-1 will be required to read 2 books from the list. It can be any combination of fiction and nonfiction: two fiction, one fiction and one non-fiction, or two non-fiction. It's your choice.
- Students in Reading 7 will be required to read 1 book from the list. It can be either fiction or nonfiction.
Browse the fiction and non-fiction tabs, read descriptions, click on the links to read a sample and select your summer reading.
- Students should complete a graphic organizer for each book they are required to read. If they go above and beyond the one or two books, they do not have to hand in materials for every book they read past the one or two required.
- The graphic organizers will be due the first week of school and will count as a 20 point formative assessment in Reading only.
- Once the students hand in their organizers, Reading teachers will lead a book chat to allow students time to share their reading experiences with the class.
Note to parents
NOTE: The selections are as varied as are Middle School students. To help you to help your student select material you feel is most appropriate for him/her, please feel free to learn more about the title through Common Sense Media, Kirkus Reviews or any other academic resource.
For information regarding Lexile Levels, please see http://www.lexile.com/