Board Approved Summer Reading
- Students in Reading 8-1 will be required to read 2 books from the list. It can be any combination of fiction and nonfiction: two fiction, one fiction and one non-fiction, or two non-fiction. It's your choice.
- Students in Reading 8 will be required to read 1 book from the list. It can be either fiction or nonfiction.
Browse the fiction and non-fiction tabs, read descriptions, click on the links to read a sample and select your summer reading.
- You should complete a Graphic Organizer for each book you are required to read. If you go above and beyond the one or two books, you do not have to hand in materials for every book you read past the one or two required.
- The Graphic Organizer(s) will be due the first week of school and will count as a 20 point formative assessment in Reading only.
- Once you hand in your Graphic Organizer(s), Reading teachers will lead a book chat to allow you time to share your reading experiences with the class.
Note to parents
NOTE: The selections are as varied as are Middle School students. To help you to help your student select material you feel is most appropriate for him/her, please feel free to learn more about the title through Common Sense Media, Kirkus Reviews or any other academic resource.
For information regarding Lexile Levels, please see http://www.lexile.com/